Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hole In The Roll Class

On Friday night I took a class at Lady Bug Quilts in Manteca taught by Dianah.......it was a very fun class and I got lots done on my quilt. Here is Dianah talking to us as class began. This quilt is made using a Bali pop or Jelly roll.Dianah is demoing how to cut our 2 1/2 strips.
Here is my Bali pop strips all stacked and ready to be cut.
It is very important how and in what order you sew your sub cuts together.
My stack of fabric.
Sewing my stacks of fabric together.
Chain piecing lots and lots of pieces of fabric.

These blocks are all sewn together before I went home.
Finished blocks aranged so you can see how the quilt is going to look.
I really liked this class......in four hours I cut out the strips, then sewed most of the blocks together. I really like making quilts with 2 1/2 inch strips because of the cool quilts you can make.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Go Dianah! LOve your batiks Liz:)

Dianah said...

You got so much done! I can't wait to see everyone's on Tuesday night. I had fun teaching.

Dy