Monday, September 01, 2008

Workshop.....More Than A Vest

Judy Mullen taught her More Then A Vest workshop last Saturday.....it was so much fun. Here are the samples for the class and it shows the different ways to make the vest.
After deciding on the size of the vest we were making and what changes to make to each vest we all got busy cutting out our vests.

The front of my vest....made with two different fabrics. I used two different batik fabrics that went together. I then quilted the batik fabric to flannel with the inside fabric on the other side.
I love the new tiny bright light that I have installed on my 301a.....I don't turn on the light that came with the machine anymore.....this tiny light really works. I am sewing the binding on myvest in this picture.
Judy demoed how to make covered snaps.......yes covered large snaps.
Here is my covered snap......if you use the covered snaps then you don't have to make button holes for your buttons on the front of your vest......you use the snaps and sew a button on front.
Barbara's black and white fabric that she used for her vest......I love the way she pieced the left side and used solid on the right.
This is the back of her vest.......love the red and black together.
Look at what Char used for her vest.....she took left over blocks and parts of blocks from projects and joined it together for this back of her vest.
Here is the front of her vest.......it matches!! Can't wait to see all the finished vests next month at the membership meeting!