Monday, June 23, 2008

Scrambled Eggs.......Sunday's Class With Debi

I had a real good time at Debi's Scrambled Eggs quilt class on Saturday. It was hot outside but cool inside the class room and all the ladies that were there were ready to sew. The picture below is of the food (brunch) table.....lots of good food there.

I took my favorite sewing machine.....my 301a and because I had to leave early to go to the Love, Janis show I tried to get lots of sewing done. I choose blue scraps or FQ's as my colors and then yellow as the light or background fabric. I love blue and yellow quilts.
This is Debi's finished sample for the class.....she used Asin fabric. It really comes out nice.
Here is a close up of the quilt. You make 4 different 6 inch blocks and then sew them together to make a 12 inch block.
Of course Debi changed the quilt for the way it was in the book. Because she had lots of 2 inch squares left over she make star blocks for the border......in the corner she used the light fabric and the rest of the border is scrappy stars.
So I have another unfinished quilt project!!!!! But I know Debi will be on me to finish it. I just have to catch up with my mystery quilt.....I will be sewing on it tonight at the Tuesday night sew. Too much sewing to be done and no time!!

No comments: