Friday, June 20, 2008

It's A Scrambled Eggs Weekend

Its Friday and I am looking forward to a busy weekend. On Saturday I have a birthday party to go to. We going to have a brunch and it will be fun to see family again. On Suday I have a class at Cloth and Quilt with Debi.......the quilt is called Scrambled Eggs.....the class starts at 10 and goes till 4 and we are going to do a brunch pot luck. The pattern is in this book.I don't know if I have a strip addiction but I do have a fabric addiction. For this quilt I'm going to do a controlled scrappy quilt. I'm going out of my comfort zone and using blue scraps (FQ) and for the background I'm using yellow. I love blue and yellow together. Below you can see a picture of what the quilt looks like....of course Debi changed it and the border is scraps with star blocks in the center.
But I can't stay till the end of the class because Rena and I are going to Gallo Center to see the Love, Janis show and it begins at 2:00 pm. It is about the life and music of rock-n-roll icon Janis Joplin. Love, Janice goes behind the music and offers a glimpse at the soul of a legend both through the letters she wrote home and the songs she made famous. It is inspired by the best-selling book by Laura Joplin.

I can't wait.....I have not been to the new Gallo Center For The Arts and am looking forward to seeing this new addition to Modesto. We plan on going out to dinner afterward. So a very busy weekend ahead. I may have to come back to work on Monday just to rest.

I'll be taking lots of pictures of my class with Debi and the Gallo Center. You all have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe it is a good thing for you to keep busy - it keeps you out of trouble. BW