Sunday, June 22, 2008

Love, Janis

What a good show Rena and I attended at 2:00 pm........Love, Janis. The show used letters that Janis wrote home and interviews that she gave to the press to explain what was going on in her life. There was a live band on stage and an actor....singer who sang as Janis. She died in 1970 at the age of 27. The picture below is of the stage before the show began.......we were up high and had a wonderful view.This is the view I had as I sat in my seat........this is looking right. Most of the people attending the show we older and were young when Janis was young.....but there were a few younger people enjoying the show.
You could not.......it was against the law to take a picture with a flash.......so I took this picture with out a flash. It's of the singer playing Janis singing with the band during the last part of the show. Every time she sang the beautiful colors from the 60's were behind the band.
After the show, Rena and I drove down the street to The Harvest Moon restaurant and enjoyed an early dinner......was so good.

The day started out with my class at Cloth and Quilt with Debi. Pictures tomorrow........

No comments: