Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Saturday Spent Sewing

Inez gave a workshop for Oakdale quilters and of course I attended......using 2 1/2 inch strips you can make a really cool quilt. Here is a pile of 2 1/2 inch strips that I am sewing together.

I recut the strips and then sewed a black magic square on one edge....sew two of those together...sew four of the units together and you get this block.....neat don't you think. I got all my strips sewn and cut I just have to finish sewing on the magic squares and I can sew more of the block seen below.
Inez was sewing on another project and here she is sewing the blocks together.
This is a picture of four of the block sewn together. She had these blocks all stacked up and ready to be sewn.
I took a close up of the quilt after Inez had it all sewn together.......beautiful.
Here is Inez holding up the black and white quilt......she calls it a charm quilt. This is the same pattern she used in the butterfly quilt I took a picture of and had in my last posting. I must make this quilt.

No comments: