Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Hot Tuesday !!!!

I leave my house after 6:30 am to drive to work in Turlock. You can tell what kind of day its going to be and today you know it was going to be HOT. It's going to be a hot week....108 by Thursday. The picture below is of a flower that blooms in my front yard on a large bush. It is covered by these flowers.

I finally got a picture of a hummingbird at one of my feeders. I have four feeders scattered around my yard. On these hot days I am making the sugar water to put in them.....1/4 cup sugar to 1 cup of water and then boil in the microwave.

More sunflowers growing from the bird seed in the bird feeder......here is a big bud beginning to bloom.
I noticed last night that the flower is really beginning to bloom so went inside to get my camera.
This is the center of the sunflower......beautiful.
The sun going down through the smoky sky last night.
This is the corn field next to my house......I'm going to take pictures to show you how fast it grows....especially in this hot weather.
I did not get any sewing done last night.....too hot.

No comments: