Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Bella Bella Saturday Workshop part 2

I took pictures of the quilts Norah had on the wall so I could look at them as I am sewing my quilt and remember what the quilt will look like when it is finished.

Here is a close up of the kite border......Norah told us it was paper pieced......of course that's how it comes out so good.......look at those points!!!
The colors and fabrics she used in this quilt are so right.......they all work together to make a beautiful quilt.
Toward the end of the afternoon, we learned how to sew the wedges together....matching up the lines in the wedge with pins and then sewing it together. Norah demoed how to finish our quilt once the center circle and wedges are all sewn together.
Norah sat at her sewing machine and sewed the corner piece to the strips that make up the border....she also demoed how to machine applique the center circles.
I hope I remember all those details Norah went over with us when I get to the point of finishing my quilt.

I have no plans for the fourth of July holiday......so I'm going to sew all day.......maybe catch up with my mystery quilt and work on some other projects.

No comments: