Friday, April 20, 2007

Thread Painting second class

Wednesday night was the second of my Thread Painting class. All the students spent the entire class sewing and thread painting their flowers. Below is a close up of teacher Sandra's class sample. You can see the beads she used on the flowers....we have to attach boarders first and then machine quilt our quilt before we can put the beads and embellishments of the yarn and thick thread on. Here is my flowers after I had machine appliqued all the flowers down. I used a close zig zag to sew the edges down.
Here is a picture of Pat's flowers (she the one who talked me into taking the class). Pat did the poppy flower pattern. She did a beautiful job with her fabric choices....wish I'd taken a picture after she did some thread painting because its really looking good.
This picture was taken after I had finished thread painting my flowers.
I have to try and get a better close up of my flowers.....I think the flash bounced off of my fabric and caused the background to look brighter then it should be. But you can see the thread painting better in this picture. Now to get my boarders on and quilting done so I can finish.
My Candy is Dandy class is tomorrow at Cloth and Quilt.....I have all my strip cut and I am ready to spend Saturday sewing up a storm. I of course will take pictures. Have a good weekend.

No comments: