Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Retreat 2007 part 2

We all completed lots of projects while on our annual retreat. Below is a small sampling of what was worked on.Teresa made the Christmas cheater quilt below and the BQ that she used fruit, veggies and nuts fabric in.
Diana made the apple wall hanging and table runner. My finished top are on the bench....hard to see....I will take them to the library sew tonight and get better pictures so you can see them.
On Saturday Twain Harte had a city garage sale. Below are the treasures that I found. I collect hammered aluminum and paid $5 for the ice bucket, the tin was sitting in a box with fabric, no quilting fabric but I opened up the tin and old sewing stuff was inside....again paid $5 for it. What fun....I love going to garage sales.
We had a fabric coiled bowl class and here are the bowls we made.....my bowl is the large brown one up front. This is the biggest bowl I've made so far......what fun.
The people who own the cabin live in the bay area and there are quilts in the cabin so the woman is a quilter. Here is a close up of a beautiful simple quilt that is on the sofa.
A picture of the whole quilt.
And here is a picture of the whole group except Pat who had to return home on Friday morning, she had a retreat from her church to go to. This picture was taken Sunday morning before we headed to the Sonora quilt show and then home.
Pictures tomorrow of my completed projects.......I did get a couple of tops done.

No comments: