Monday, September 24, 2007

It Rained On Saturday !!

I woke up to rain on Saturday morning......the plan was to drive to Livermore and Quilting in the Garden and help sell opportunity quilt tickets. Well it didn't happen......Sandy called me...left a message on my answer machine..... to tell me it was raining and that they didn't hang the quilt from the trees.....they displayed them in the buildings at the nursery. I called Sandy back and learned it was pouring down rain and we didn't need to come.

Below is the view from my back door.....lots of puddles.

I talked to Joan later that night and she told me only one bus showed up at the show....but they did sell a few tickets and everyone remarked on how beautiful the quilt is. It rained in Livermore till 3:00 pm.
By noon most of the rain was over with......I headed to Modesto to shop. Joann's was having a sale and I needed to use my 40% off coupon. Found some fabric to buy so it was not a wasted day. I finished sewing the borders on my Scraper then Scrappy quilt so now I need to get the backing sewn together so it can be machine quilted. After the rain fall is really in the air. Time to sew more quilts so we will be warm this winter.

No comments: