Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Projects Finished This Weekend

After several weekends with no sewing even attempted, this weekend was different. I worked on my Candy is Dandy quilt......machine quilting it with my walking foot. This is a large lap quilt and I would not want to machine quilt any larger quilt on my home machine. I now know why I pay someone to use a long arm machine to quilt my quilts. See the picture below. I am very happy with the way my quilt turned out.....so now all I have to do is attach a sleeve for hanging and get the binding on.

I also worked on these three philanthropy quilts for the Oakdale guild. I just sewed on the backing envelope style and then turned them and top stitched around the edges. Now these three quilts will be put on a long arm machine and quilted.
My final project for the weekend are these three toiletries bags......I used a place mat and then sewed velcro on the flap to close them. These bags will be filled with bottles of shampoo, soap, and other personal items a women needs when she goes to a shelter for battered women. So easy to make and now I will fill them with goodies.
It really felt good to get so much done this weekend. The weather wasn't too hot but I did set up a fan to blow right on me while I quilted......I should have done this before when it was too hot to sew.

No comments: