Monday, July 23, 2007

Fun In Class

The mystery class was fun on Saturday night. Below is a picture of my quilt before I put it together. The background color is the yellow/gold fabric. It is bright. I finished putting all the blocks together and the first boarder which is the yellow/gold fabric.

The blocks below are Rita's from my class. She made her strips 3 1/2 inches, mine are 2 1/2 inches. There is no waste in my quilt size but Rita had to make three star blocks to make it come out. The flower fabric is her background fabric.....a real beautiful quilt.
The quilt below was made by Debi (the teacher) and Rena joined us after she was done working at California Quilt Makers. They work together at a credit union and their boss a woman is retiring..so they are making her a quilt.
Rita brought in a quilt top that she made from her leftover four patches from the Caribbean Courtyard quilt class. I really like the way she put it together with the wide black strips between the blocks.
Here is a close up of Rita's quilt.
It was a small class only two people but we had fun. All I have to do now is sew on the boarder which Debi talked me into making 8 inches wide so I can make a wavy boarder. She wants me to miter the boarder because it would look better but I've never done one before.

No comments: