Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Marcia Stein Workshop Last Saturday


On the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend I attended a workshop with Marcia Stein as the instructor. The name of the workshop was Picture This. We needed to bring a picture we took....a copy of that picture in 8 by 10 size and fabric to bring that picture to life. What a fun class....I learned so much and now I am able to bring a picture to life in fabric. The picture above is of a blue Chev truck that Marcia made in fabric. This quilt is quite large.

Below I took a picture of the detail on the back of the truck.....it was so nice to get to see this quilt close up.
Look at the detail in the stitching she used.
Here is a example of how to achieve a quilt from a picture. How to make the pattern pieces.
Members attending the workshop showed each other their pictures that they hoped to turn into small quilts.
Here is Maryann using a light box to trace her picture onto a plastic sheet and then to freezer paper.

Here Marcia is showing us how to stitch down the fabric on our pictures.....

Here is my sewing machine and I am sewing on my barn.
This is how much I got done at the workshop.....at the end we pined up our little quilts...with the photo on the left and our picture on the right. My barn is looking good.
Sharon my table mate used this picture of a church in New Mexico.....cool.
Here are some colorful mailboxes....you don't have to make your quilt the same color at the picture.
Look at this cool yellow flower......
Here is a cupcake.....almost makes you hungry.

No comments: