Monday, May 14, 2007

Coiled Fabric Bowls

In the March/April issue of Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting I read an article about making coiled fabric bowls. I love to make quilts but I also love to make different items using fabric......so this article was right up my alley. I bought some fabric.....batik....cotton clothesline and began sewing on my bowl on Friday night. It only took a couple of hours to complete.

It really wasn't hard to do......you have to wrap 1 inch wide strips of fabric around the cotton clothesline.......here is a picture of me just beginning to tilt the bottom of the bowl and sew on the sides. You use a zigzag stitch and use a color of thread to go with the fabric.
Here is a picture of my completed bowl.....looks cool doesn't it.....I'm very happy with the way it turned out.
Here is the view looking down into the bowl.
Here is my finished bowl from the side. You can create handles...which I decided to do...you can make a round bowl or a oval shaped bowl.
I've already purchased more cotton clothesline to make another bowl.....I'm hooked....it was so much fun and the bowl will have lots of uses.

No comments: