Monday, May 07, 2007

Engagement

Well it finally happened my daughter Natalie received an engagement ring from her boyfriend Scott. After 2 1/2 years of going together they are planning on getting married. YEA! As a mother with a camera that I love to take pictures with here is a picture of her hand and the beautiful ring.Now I'll have to make a wedding quilt......a big wedding quilt as my son-in-law to be is 6 feet 5 inches tall and sleeps on a California King bed. Last night I finished sewing on the binding on my courtyard quilt and its only a little bigger then a full sized quilt and it was not fun sewing on the binding as it seemed I'd never get to the end of the long sides. The wedding quilt will have to be a simple pattern...maybe a square in a square and large blocks....I'm thinking. A date has not been set but I'm sure it will be a small wedding as they don't want a big wedding.

The city wide garage sales in Ripon were fun but not as good as the sales in Escalon. But we had a good time.....I went with Scott and his mom and dad. Scott is a school teacher and was looking for books for his in class room library....he found over 30 and we even found 12 VCR tapes of animals from Time Life that will be good to show in his class. He also bought two dressers as he has none since he moved out. I didn't find that much to buy....a large tote bag for a project, some old linens ( I collect them) and two pillows for Scott's couch. Natalie doesn't like garage sales so she had her hair done and we all met up later and enjoyed Mexican food for lunch.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Congratulations to the happy couple! Let the quilting begin!

My girlfriend also lives in Escalon, said she had a ball at the sale... I havent been out there when we lived there.