Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Happy 2007

Finally my first post of 2007! I kept forgetting to put my camera back in my purse and I had no pictures to download. This beautiful red queen sized quilt was laying on the floor of the Manteca library last Tuesday night. Diana is working on it for her own bed. Red is my favorite color and I really like this quilt.

This is a very simple quilt to sew. I think she told me she used seven different red prints for this quilt. She has fabric left over and will be making a couple of smaller quilts in the same pattern.

Last month I joined Sharon B's Take a stitch Tuesday Challenge that she is runing from her blog In a minute ago. On Tuesday Sharon posts a crazy quilt stitch and you are challenged to use the stitch in different ways. Of course I am behind in the challenge. The first weeks stitch was herringbone and this week (the second week) the stitch is buttonhole stitch. The stitches will get harder as the year goes on. Take a look on Sharon's blog to see the stitches and links to pages of stitchers who are doing the stitching each week. I will catch up.

Tongiht before I go to my Tuesday stitches group I will run over to the local quilt shop Cloth and Quilt for a meet the teachers night. All the new classes for the next four months and the teachers will be on display. You get to meet the teachers and see samples of the classes. What fun. If you sign up for a class tonight you get a coupon for 10 per cent off of any supplies bought in the store for the class.

1 comment:

Shelina said...

This is a beautiful quilt - it looks like muted reds in the picture. I saw one just like it today at the quilt shop, except that they used indigo blues. Very pretty. I think sometimes we make things much harder for ourselves than we have to.