Friday, January 26, 2007

Wonderful Trunk Show

Judy Daines a local teacher who makes beautiful garments and quilts gave a trunk show last night at our guild. I didn't take any pictures of her garments as they were being modeled and it was hard to get the people to stop and get a picture. I did however get some pictures of her beautiful quilts. As with all quilts you really need to see them close up as she does lots of machine quilting and thread painting on each quilt and each garment. Enjoy these pictures.......

Love the quilt below, bright colors.

These flowers are beautiful and quilted beautifully.
This quilt shows a scene of parts of California.
Very nice quilt of leaves.....love the colors.
I hope you can see the quilting on this quilt, it has some fabric painting on it.
The back of the above quilt.....I wish I could machine quilt with my sewing machine like she does.
I plan on attending the Modesto Quilt show on Saturday put on by the Country Crossroads Quilt Guild, "Heart of the Valley" Quilt and Textile Arts Show. Celebrity Guest quilter will be Freddy Moran. Then on Sunday I have my class with Debi.....will take lots of pictures. Quilts, vendors and sewing both days........fun.

1 comment:

Shelina said...

Thanks for all these pictures. I enjoyed getting my own "trunk show."