Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas countdown

How many days till Christmas? Not enough for me.....I'm still shopping. Last night I attended my last Tuesday night stiching with my friends and here are a few pictures of quilts from last night. This red and black quilt is for Teresia's daughter's wedding. She got married last July and Teresia calls it the wedding quilt from hell. The squares finish out at 2 inches and Teresia says that if she had to do it again she'd make the squares 3 inches. I love the colors......red is my favorite color and I love black in quilts. She has to make this quilt to fit a California King bed that has a large mattress and is high. It's going to be a large quilt.

Here is a close up of the quilt from hell.........you can see it takes lots of small pieces to make each block.
Diana was in attendence last night....finishing up quilts that are to be given as Christmas presents. This quilt was made from a block of the month a couple of years ago at a local quilt shop. The colors were bright and I love the way Diana put the blocks together. I have the same blocks all done but have not put my top together yet.
Here is a close up of the blocks. I love the black poke-a-dot fabric used in the boarder.
Have a Merry Christmas.....don't know if I'll have any more posts till the holiday is over.

No comments: