Friday, January 12, 2007

The End of the First Full Week In 2007

The meet the teachers night last Tuesday was so much fun. I allways run into quilters that I know and its fun to see them again and say Hi. I signed up for two classes. The first class is with Debi and called Caribbean Courtyard. See picture below. I love taking my digital camera with me everywhere. I can take pictures and remember what the quilts look like....because heavens knows as I get older I remember less. The date for this class is January 28th, on a Sunday from 10 to 4 and we will be having a pot luck lunch. Now I have to find my main fabric....hunt through my fat quarters and do some cutting before class......better get cracking.

The second class is in April 21, a Saturday and is called Candy is Dandy. I just love the look of this quilt....looks like I will be cutting and sewing lots of strips. I can use fat quarters for this quilt so I will be trying to use up my fabric stash. See quilt below.
The weather has been very cold for California below 30 degrees. The weather man says that tonight will be even colder yet. If it would rain we would see snow. The last time we had any major snow in the big valley was in 1976....and yes I do remember that snow. Its the kind of weather that makes you happy you are a quilter and have quilts to help keep you warm.

1 comment:

Shelina said...

They are both beautiful quilts. I really like the flowers with the dark background. It will be fun to make them with a class.