Thursday, February 01, 2007

Modesto Quilt Show part 2

Here are the final pictures from the quilt show on Saturday. The guild had a challenge with the local garden club and made quilts using pictures from the garden club. The picture below is a close up of one wall hanging that I really liked. The center of the flowers is a yo-yo that has a large amber button or bead in the center......very cool. This quilt is heavily quilted.The wall hanging lots like a photo. I really like the way the quilter made this quilt. The picture that it was taken from was shown right next to it.....so you got to see where the quilter got her inspiration.
The last picture is of a jungle cat sitting in a tree. Love the color's used for the cat. I really like this quilt.
As you can see from all my pictures I love all kinds of quilts. But I really like different quilts, quilts that are more like art. My taste is changing.

No comments: