Monday, October 22, 2007

Oakdale Saturday Workshop

I attended a workshop on Saturday for my Oakdale Quilt group. The quilt took one jelly roll....or lots and lots of 2 1/2 strips to make.and 2 1/2 yards of back ground fabric. See the picture below to see the pattern and the label from the jelly roll I used. The picture on the pattern is ugly. Why do they do that....all the quilts made on Saturday looked much better then this picture.

Here is some of the quilters who took the class....busy sewing.
Here is my machine and the strip piecing that I am doing.
This is a easy block to make and goes together fast.
this is my finished center for my quilt. I just need to add the borders.
Barbara came to the class and worked on the paper piecing little quilt below.
Here is Marie's quilt.....she used a jelly roll that had lots of purple in it. The dark fabric in the picture below is dark purple.
Charlotte used Christmas scraps and a beautiful gold background. I took this as she was using the ironing board.
I finished the center of my quilt on Saturday.....we sewed from 9 to 3. The finished quilt is 57 inches by 57 inches....so its not real big....but big enough.

No comments: