Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Quilting Retreat part 1

















What fun we all had on our retreat up in Twain Heart. This cabin (house) is the perfect place to have a retreat. We have already booked it for next year. I took lots of pictures and will share some today and some tomorrow. We all got lots of sewing done, and I taught the converence quilt and finished putting on boarders on my three unfinished converence quilts.

I learned how to make a pillow case with all the seams inside and hidden......so cool and finished three pillow cases while at the retreat. I even made one pillow case for me out of flannel. I'll have to take pictures of the pillow cases as I didn't when I was up at the retreat. One pillow case has been given to one birthday boy but the other won't have his birthday till next week.

The pool table in the house was used as a double cutting and layout table. One of us even used the end of the pool table to sew on. Next year we need to bring up one more table so we don't have to use the pool table. The lady who ownes the house is a quilter and had plywood covers made for the pool table. It made a perfect cutting table. With irons and sewing machines using the electric the only time we blew a fuse was when we had the TV on at the same time. More pictures and details to follow tomorrow.


No comments: