Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summer Solstice

Today is the first day of summer, the summer solsitice, the longest day of the year. Once this day is over we begin the long journey to winter solsitice in December. So, enjoy the day, spend the evening outside watching the sun set on the first day of summer.

Tonight I have to sew the block of the month quilt block for Thursday's membership meeting at Manteca Quilters. Why do I wait till the very last day to do it? I don't know, but the block is pre-cut and all I have to do is sew it together. I'll try and take a picture and post it tomorrow if I can figure out how to do it. I'm still new at this blogging stuff. Maybe I'll get lucky and win all the blocks.....giving me another unfinished project. But first I have to sew my block and fix my friends T's block, she is unable to attend the meeting and mailed me her block, unfinished. I think she had problems trying to figure out how to sew the strips around the block. Hope I have better luck.

No comments: