Friday, June 30, 2006

Happy 4th of July



Thank God it's Friday! Looking forward to a long weekend as I'm taking a vacation day on Monday to get four days off. I have a first birthday party for a special little girl on Sunday and a big 4th party on Tuesday. Yea!!

Today I am sharing with you a picture of a wall hanging I finished last month. Took a class at a local quilt shop and finished this in one day. Was I happy.....no UFO to add to my long list. Hydrangas are a very beautiful flower and this wall hanging was fun to do You sew the background first, quilt it and then bind the quilt. The last thing you do is with a hot glue gun, you glue the petals on....it was fun and you get a great three d effect. It hangs in my office. The second picture give you a view of the detail of the flower close up. Enjoy.


2 comments:

Shelina said...

This is beautiful. I've never seen anything like it. Did you make the petals with ribbon, or did you buy silk flowers already made?

MsLizzF said...

The petals come in a package from the quilt shop in AZ where the pattern comes from. The have a web site and you can order petals in all kinds of colors. I will post the web site after the 4th holiday.