Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Rain..Rain....Go Away

When I went out to drive to work....it was raining....the weather man was right....go figure!

Joan is sewing on the binding on her latest creation......the beautiful quilt below. It was a block of the month....paper pieced....she received the pattern each month and fabric.....I believe she had to buy the background. For those of you going to Manteca's installation dinner Thursday night you will see it in person. Of course its a King sized quilt.


The machine quilting is wonderful.....well done....and took over 25 hours. It was quilted by Annie at Freedom Fabric. She is so good at quilting in free motion and coming up with the right motif. You have to look at the back....sorry I didn't get a picture.
Here is a close up of the corner.
Block of the month done......and I finished last week.....I won't be sewing it tonight....like I usually do. Cool block....lots of possibles with this block. I'd like to make it again....maybe I'll win tonight.
Hailie's bag is done.....I sewed on the handles last night. It turned out so well.....I have to make more. I really like the idea of embroidering the name on the bag.
Worked on part two of the mystery quilt......lots of cutting 1 1/2 pieces.....then sewing them back together. I really hate little pieces.....I'll soon be sewing little four patches together. Oh well I know it will make a beautiful quilt in the end. I have to get busy on it as part three comes out the first of May.
Tomorrow is the installation dinner where I will be installed as a Vice President of Manteca Quilters. It's the fourth time I've been VP. It is fun.....but a lot of work...booking programs and workshops. At least I have another VP to help me as we have two VP again this year. Wish me luck.

No comments: