Friday, February 15, 2008

It's Friday and a Long Weekend !!

Happy Friday !!! It's going to be a long weekend ! YEA!! Below see a picture of my new mug.....beautiful yellow and when I looked at the bottom of the mug it says "Batik by Culinary Arts" who knew.....a Batik mug....perfect for me to drink my morning tea in. It makes me smile just to see it.....and I want to go out and buy batik fabric. Found it at Ross.....love Ross.

Last night was the monthly meeting of my Oakdale Quilt Guild......the 2008 Opportunity quilt is finished. It is beautiful....I love the bright colors and black back ground.
Here Lily is holding a class sample......a quilt make with a jelly roll. It is the perfect spring quilt. I'm not taking the class but I love this quilt.
In April Inez is teaching us streak of lighting.......the quilt below is red, white and blue and one way of making the quilt.
Here is streak of lighting done in blue.......
Here it is done on a smaller scale.....Inez make it for me because I don't make big quilts.....it only takes six fabrics.
Inez had the only show and tell last night......cool quilt...made with 30's fabric.
Everyone have a good weekend.....I hope to get some sewing done. UFO's here I come!

No comments: