Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

I hope everyone who reads my blog is ready for Christmas.....I attended my first Christmas party last night at my moms. See the Christmas tree pictured below. A very small tree with lots of presents below. We enjoyed a wonderful turkey dinner with all the good food that goes with it. Then opened presents and had my sisters home made ice cream cake.

Here is a picture of "the boys" who had a fun time opening their presents. Andrew has reindeer antlers on and had fun running around.
These hangers are what I made for part of my Christmas presents for family and friends. What fun to make and easy too. Just buy some (or make your own) quilted fabric. Trace around a plastic hanger...make a pattern. Sew the two halves of the cover together....sew down the hole where the hanger goes through.....then add a binding to the bottom and you are done. You could make lots for yourself and have a closet that is full of these hangers.
The last picture is a close up of the hangers. Jo Anns has a real good choice in pre-quilted fabric...use your coupon as it isn't cheap.
Have a Merry Christmas, spend time with the one's you love and don't forget the reason for Christmas. Christ's birth so very long ago.

No comments: