Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Fog......Fog......go away

I took this picture yesterday morning on my way to work.......yes, I was driving at the time but its easy with a digital camera. This is what the fog looked like yesterday morning. For my readers who do not live in California....the sun does not shine every day. I live in a valley.....where in the winter we get lots of fog......if the weather is set up for it, and it has been perfect conditions for fog the last couple of weeks. The fog gets old real fast......plus its cold......well cold for California.Here is the view from my office.......that's Raley's Supermarket across the street. This fog really is not too bad......its bad when you can't see 50 feet in front of your car and then you see someone in a car without their lights on.

Now that I'm getting older I really don't like to drive at night in the fog......I've driven in fog so thick that I couldn't find my own driveway ( I live way out in the country where the fog is worse) and believe me that is scary.....when you don't know where you are and can't see any landmarks. Rain is in the forecast for this weekend.........and we need lots of rain and snow in the mountains because we are in a drought. Not too much sewing going on......I've been busy with Christmas stuff.....its two weeks from Thursday.....wow.....where does time go?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I sure don't miss the fog. Give me 20 degrees and sun anyday.

Tatersmama said...

I wish we had fog here where I live in Australia ! I used to live in Angels Camp CA (born and bred California girl) and I used to love waking up to a foggy morning... Although I hated driving in the stuff.